MI ACTE Award Program
The MI ACTE awards seek to promote excellence in career and technical education by recognizing individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the field, programs that exemplify the highest standards, and organizations that have conducted activities to promote and expand career and technical education programs.
- MI ACTE Teacher of the Year - for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers at the secondary school level
- MI ACTE Post-Secondary Teacher of the Year - for members employed as full-time post-secondary CTE teachers or teacher educators
- MI ACTE New Teacher of the Year - for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers (at secondary or post-secondary level) who are new to the teaching profession (3-5 years' experience)
- MI ACTE Administrator of the Year - for members employed as full-time CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, and all other CTE personnel and staff (not employed as teachers or guidance professionals)
- MI ACTE Career Guidance Award - for members employed as full-time school counselors and/or career development professionals
All candidates must hold the appropriate position at the time of initial. Candidates must be a member of their respective association and ACTE member at time of application and throughout the process to be considered at the state, region or national levels.
MI ACTE recommends state associations that have award programs in place nominate their current year awardees in each category described below.