ACTE Excellence awards
The MI ACTE awards seek to promote excellence in career and technical education by recognizing individuals who have positively impacted students, made extraordinary contributions to the field, programs that exemplify the highest standards, and organizations that have conducted activities to promote and expand career and technical education programs.
- Michigan ACTE Teacher of the Year - for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers at the secondary school level
- Michigan ACTE New Teacher of the Year - for members employed as full-time classroom/laboratory CTE teachers (at secondary or post-secondary level) who are new to the teaching profession (3-5 years' experience)
- Michigan ACTE Administrator of the Year - for members employed as full-time CTE administrators, program specialists, coordinators, and all other CTE personnel and staff (not employed as teachers or guidance professionals)
- Michigan ACTE Career Guidance Award - for members employed as full-time school counselors and/or career development professionals
- Michigan ACTE Lifetime Achievement Award - recognizes CTE professionals for their leadership on behalf of ACTE, their innovations in CTE and their contributions to the field over an extended period of time.
October 20, 2017
December 1, 2017
January 28 - 30, 2018
Nomination for all 2018 award categories open. Nominees can submit an application using the National ACTE Web Portal.
Deadline for all nominations is December 1, 2017.Nominee applications will be reviewed in December and January and award winners chosen prior to the Career Education Conference.
The Michigan ACTE 2019 award winners will be recognized at the Michigan Career Education Conference on Monday, January 29, 2018.
All candidates must hold the appropriate position at the time of nomination and be an ACTE Member throughout the process to be considered at the state, region or national levels.